Guest Guest

multiple questions/copyrights

Guest Guest

1. Since copyright is an intellectual property, when someone infringes on a copyright can an intellectual property attorney take care of that?

2. Is changing a date on a copyright an intellectual property case?

"Since copyright is an intellectual property, when someone infringes on a copyright can an intellectual property attorney take care of that?"

Of course. In the legal sense, "intellectual property" typically refers to patents, copyrights and trademarks.

"Is changing a date on a copyright an intellectual property case?"

A copyright is an intangible thing, so your question doesn't really make sense. If you clarify, I'll try to provide more information.

Guest Guest

The first post is entirely correct. If your second question is meant to ask "is altering the date on a copyrighted work" and intellectual property case, it would depend on the circumstances. It could potentially be a copyright violation, but it could also be considered criminal fraud or forgery.

Following up on the second response, and assuming that's an accurate clarification, it seems to me that the most likely answer is that it's a meaningless act. For example, on my desk in front of me is a copy of Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos CD, which bears a copyright notice that reads, "© 2007 Roadrunner Records." I will now take my pen and scratch out the "2007" and write, "1962." I have engaged in a meaningless act.

×
×