John Tucker

Public utilities

My home is paid off. When I moved in the local utility charged a $500.00 deposit. It has been over 2years since we paid it. We have always paid it, although late a number of times. They will not refund this deposit until we have 12months of no late payments. Even though they charge $36.00 for every late payment. Is this legal? I would really like my deposit back. I could pay 3 months .   Thanks, John

13 hours ago, John Tucker said:

Is this legal?

Since you didn't identify your state or locality, no one has any possible way of intelligently answering this question (the prior response is nothing but a guess).

13 hours ago, John Tucker said:

I would really like my deposit back.

Then pay your bill on time.

Is there any help with a utility company that says the meter isn't working correctly, but i have paid my bill for the months in question.  after replacing the meter, i get my bill and it was about the same that i paid all summer.  all that i have is a gas hot water heater in the summer for 1 person.   is there an agency that is over the natural gas company?

PW, you have "hijacked" someone else's post by adding your question on to theirs.  And that is against the rules of this message board.

Please delete your post or edit it by erasing the text and then type your own message after you have clicked on the "Start New Topic" link and you will receive a reply to your query after you have also mentioned what state you live in.

×
×