Philiphs

False claim act case attorney fees

Hello,

I am a whistleblower working in a US based pharmaceutical company. I have highlighted potential non-compliance with cGMP requirement by the company to USFDA. USFDA has taken the issue seriously, issued many observations and followed by a warning letter. As of now, USFDA is not filed any case against the company even though there are some potential non-compliances. I have very strong proof for the medicines which are sold by our company in the US market are adulterated.

Now I am actively looking for a law firm to take this issue and file this case under “False claim act”.

I have contacted some law firms. They are asking 40% of the award (if  I win in the case) as contingency fee and additionally they will claim attorney fee and other fees with defendant. I believe this is a huge amount.

I want to know the actual fees for the False claim act case.  If you provide details on this, it will be a great help for me.

Thank you.

Philiphs

5 hours ago, Philiphs said:

I have contacted some law firms. They are asking 40% of the award (if  I win in the case) as contingency fee and additionally they will claim attorney fee and other fees with defendant. I believe this is a huge amount.

The lawyers will be spending a lot of money on your behalf with no guarantee of winning. They are entitled to their payday. If you aren't willing to pay for representation either sit back and wait for the government to act or figure out how to do it yourself.

Keep in mind that litigation is likely to take years and during that time you'll be out of a job and probably unemployable in your chosen field.

5 hours ago, Philiphs said:

I have very strong proof for the medicines which are sold by our company in the US market are adulterated.

If your "proof" is so strong why hasn't the government filed suit or brought criminal charges?

Eh?

The company has huge influence with government agency. The agency is also not fully considered all the issues that I have highlighted. Agency is not filing case and simply trying to close with a warning letter  

There is nothing the agency or the company can do to stop you from going to the press. If you have "... very strong proof for the medicines which are sold by our company in the US market are adulterated." they will love it.