Truckless

Truck repossessed by individual

I was purchasing a truck from an individual with a verbal contract. First the truck had been broke down for 2 years prior to me acquiring it. I put thousands into it parts and labor, 1300 in new tires, then he refused payments, then wanted to barter tires tools chainsaws ext for payments. I also have not received a title, last week his personal truck broke down and he came and repossessed my truck from hospital parking lot with no warning, and has not returned or given me access to personal items in the truck. When he finally answered my call he said he acquired 800 worth of fines so his position has changed and he wants 800 cash and then I still have no garantee I will get it back with the way he has been so far. What are my legal rights here?

You can sue him. If you win you can try to collect. Chances are that you'll never collect.

This was just a bad deal from the beginning.

Maybe you should just cut your losses, walk away from the deal, and learn an important lesson for the future.

do you have a bill of sale or other document showing he sold the vehicle to you on defined payment terms?  Did he say he would accept $800 as final payment for the vehicle?  What was the original price?  

11 hours ago, Truckless said:

I also have not received a title

Does the guy even have a title? Did you see the title when you first made the deal? Before you decide on anything I suggest you demand to see the title and make sure he is the owner on it. Otherwise you could end up throwing another $800 down the toilet.

×
×