Sign in to follow this  
Guest101A1

Looking for a "Motion to dismiss" in Criminal Court form or sample template, anyone have one?

Its for Michigan if it helps. I cant seem to find one on the forms on this site, or anywhere (not even the MI scao forms website) 

Anyone have any links to the forms or templates or published examples?

You are assuming there is a form which there likely isn't.  There are various grounds upon which a motion to dismiss may be based and you didn't provide enough information.  You can google "Michigan motion to dismiss based on [whatever your grounds are]"  and see if samples pop up. 

If a motion to dismiss is to be filed, it will be filed by the prosecutor.   There is no evidence in a criminal case until it has been presented to a judge or jury.   Folks think they can say, "This case should be dismissed because this is what happened . . . "  The judge considering such a motion thinks "This is what you claimed happened.  Let's see what the police officer and witnesses are able to prove at trial.  Then I'll decide."

Believe me, been there done that, have the tee shirt.  (Not as the defendant)

2 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

If a motion to dismiss is to be filed, it will be filed by the prosecutor.

I disagree.  There are motions to dismiss that the defense does file and can get a dismissal--motion to dismiss for violation of right to speedy trial is one.  In CA there are multiple ways to seek a dismissal.  You can even "invite the court" to exercise discretion and dismiss.  Whether OP has any viable grounds is unknown since we have no facts.