twistedkeys1

Is a Nerf Gun a "Firearm Facsimile"?

Hi there! I hope I can get some answers, should be a pretty straight forward issue, and light hearted. I have a friendly rival at work in which has taken the liberty to create a "Throw ball Thursday" event, in which he throws a Nerf ball directly at me while I stare at my computer. He's at an advantage because his job includes walking around, and I'm basically blind to the attacks. 

I'm wondering if I may bring in my Nerf gun to "show him who's boss". The boss is okay with the idea, OTHER THAN the fact that our employee handbook states that no weapons including "firearm facsimiles" may be shown or used on site. My question is, after researching exactly what a firearm facsimile may look like, would I really receive a strike for operating such a device as the one below? Or can you guys give me some leverage? thanks!!

Adventure-Force-Tactical-Strike-Quantum-Motorized-Ball-Blaster-heroshot-1-1.png

This raises no legal issue whatsoever.  It's entirely up to your employer to decide what does and doesn't violate its policies.

That said, just because your co-worker is behaving like a child doesn't mean you should do likewise.

30 minutes ago, twistedkeys1 said:

Thanks guys, so if I did decide to go forward with it, it wouldn't raise any legal concerns relating to bringing a "gun" to work? And there's no legal definition of a firearm facsimile?

Where's your common sense?

What made you so dumb as to ask strangers on the internet if it was OK to bring your nerf gun to work?

Show the boss the picture and ask for permission to bring the nerf gun for the event.

smh

:rolleyes:

There are several state, local and maybe federal laws that describe a firearm facsimile. But since you failed to state your jurisdiction I can't narrow them down. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Firearm+facsimile&oq=Firearm+facsimile&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0l4.15943j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

That said, I doubt any such laws would consider what you pictured a firearm facsimile with the exception of some schools that consider an index finger and thumb held in a certain way a firearm facsimile.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:48 PM, twistedkeys1 said:

it wouldn't raise any legal concerns relating to bringing a "gun" to work? And there's no legal definition of a firearm facsimile?

Please don't read anything into my prior response other than what I wrote:  the law does not govern what does and doesn't violate your employer's internal policies.  That's entirely up to your employer to decide.

×
×