David Jones

Landlord is trying to absorb entire security deposit

On 5/3/2019 at 11:02 PM, David Jones said:

B I U

ABC

On 5/3/2019 at 11:12 PM, David Jones said:

I caused no damage to her property. How can I get my money back?

I'm going to guess what you meant to write is something like the following:  You rented a residence for an unstated period of time in an unidentified state from a landlord.  You subsequently, on an unstated date, moved out.  For reasons you didn't explain, your landlord has refused to refund any portion of your security deposit.  All correct?

When did you move out?  For what reason(s) is the landlord refusing to refund any portion of your security deposit?  Did you comply will all applicable state laws and the terms of your lease when you moved?  Did your landlord comply with all applicable state laws relating to the refund of security deposits and accounting for same?

Apartment management pursuing eviction (partial rent payment acceptance denied) and damages up to possibly $8k, they will not inspect my apt until after 7/31/19, pursuant to Clause of subpoena. Only after I move out by 7/31/19!

How can can I move out and restore the apartment with regard to lease agreement at the same time??

been renting apt since 12/01/2018, two cats and when I moved in here the carpet was not new, there was water damage from pipes leakage in doorway ceiling ( they never repainted walls where repaired, the kitchen drain exploded from gushing water coming up from drain (water marks on cupboards and damage sustained to lower cabinet under sink) They tried 4 times to snake the drain- come to find out there is tree roots blocking drainage (very slow still!) Bathroom ceiling under tub area falling out due to water drains out from pipes in ceiling and tile around tub walls tiles are bowing out from leaking pipes behind the tub walls! I have photos of these items, the maintenance guys are DIY fixers NOT PLUMBERS!!

Very upset about apt mgmt lack of proper service to these issues— yet they trying to sue me before even doing an exit inspection with me!! What do I do?????

6419A122-72C6-43D3-99A7-5660087BE23C.jpeg

92AD4128-D6F9-4C69-BC7D-983E2B9DD262.jpeg

11 hours ago, Cmaria said:

Apartment management pursuing eviction

Why are you tagging this onto someone else's month-plus old thread on a completely unrelated subject?

Please start your own thread.

Let me ask you something first.....

Do you have the copy of the agreement? If you have the copy of the agreement, does it have any clause or points written down that you have to surrender a certain amount of security deposit with the landlord?

Is there anything written pertaining to prior intimation before you vacate the property and after which, when should the landlord return the security deposit and under what circumstances?

Another question...

Have you caused any kind of damage to the property? If you are sure that you have not broken any of the terms of the agreement, you can go ahead and file a case against him with proper proofs. I can also suggest that before doing so, try to speak to the landlord and settle the issue.

×
×