Hello  thanks for reading,

I don't know if I am allowed to ask, my first time here.

what can someone do if they had their identity stolen?

from where does he start to fix?

approx. how long does it take?

is it expensive?

He is a US citizen, but he doesn't live in us territory. goes back to mexico everyday with no issue. 

and it has been years since they stolen his identity.

He does have a Mexican son (29 yo) who he wants to help, but that is a different topic.

Thank you in advance. I will appreciate any information

You may certainly ask.  But, facts matter.  Simply saying a person has "his identity stolen" conveys no information on which comment can be made.  Is someone pretending to be him?  Did someone start credit card accounts in his name?  Did someone get arrested and give his identity as there own?  If the identity theft happened years ago, is it still ongoing?

Provide some context, please.

well we are talking about years of this happening. they have use his credit, to get a house and car if i'm not mistaken.

they also been working his ss#, to work. because when my bf went to the social security office he was told his dad earns a lot of money. that he is winning more than a doc.

they were surprised. what i've heard there is an arrest. how does he know. well because he goes every single day to mexico so the agents in the border let him pass because he has gone back and forth for many many years so they already know him, but the agents that don't, detained him, because of the problem the other person did with the law(don't know what) until someone that knows him lets him go. so they have done a mess to his identity and from where does he start. call the police, he needs to get a attorney? 

thank you i appreciate

Your questions are not well-suited for a message board such as this.  I suggest you google something like "what to do if your identity is stolen."

3 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

Simply saying a person has "his identity stolen" conveys no information on which comment can be made.

Yup.

He starts by filing a report with the police where he lives in Texas and keep a copy of the police report for his own personal records.

He contacts any credit reporting agency (such as Equifax or Experian or TransUnion) to put a freeze on his account.

He also needs to let the Social Security agency know that someone else is using his SSN so they can investigate.

Is your boyfriend working a regular daily job to earn his living expenses?

It is going to take a few months or maybe even a year to straighten out, but if he does nothing, the identity thief will only make it worse by continuing to attempt to commit fraudulent activity.