Sign in to follow this  
StickySituations

Sticky Situation

I am pregnant from a one-night stand. I've known the person for a couple years, but we're not in contact now because, very recently, he has become embroiled in a full-on custody battle for his current child (a child NOT mine). If I tell him my condition, can that knowledge jeopardize his custody case? I will not be asking for child support.

1 hour ago, StickySituations said:

I am pregnant from a one-night stand. I've known the person for a couple years, but we're not in contact now because, very recently, he has become embroiled in a full-on custody battle for his current child (a child NOT mine). If I tell him my condition, can that knowledge jeopardize his custody case?

How is anybody here to know whether it will jeopardize his custody case or not?

1 hour ago, StickySituations said:

I will not be asking for child support.

Then you would be an idiot. You're entitled to it, he's obligated to pay it.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:27 AM, StickySituations said:

If I tell him my condition, can that knowledge jeopardize his custody case?

Can the knowledge jeopardize his case?  No.  His merely having knowledge of something will have no bearing on his custody case.  However, it's possible that the fact of having a one-night stand and knocking up some other woman will have an effect.  We obviously have no way of predicting that in the abstract.  You need to do what's best for you.

11 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Thank you! Very much! That helps me more than you know!

11 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Can the knowledge jeopardize his case?  No.  His merely having knowledge of something will have no bearing on his custody case.  However, it's possible that the fact of having a one-night stand and knocking up some other woman will have an effect.  We obviously have no way of predicting that in the abstract.  You need to do what's best for you.