Pitoni Smith

Noise induced hearing loss

I qualify for The Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act that was effective 7/31/01. I recently participated in The Building Trades National Medical Screening Program

in Knoxville TN. One of my diagnosis was Noise Induced hearing loss? I would like to know if Permant disability or permanent partial disability is covered under work comp. in  TN? If so, what is the process to file, time frame to complete claim & receive comp? I am also curious as to the amount of   the check. I  assume this payment will continue until I passaway, correct?

Hearing loss is covered by workers compensation in Tennessee and may be permanent partial disability.   However, there is a statute of limitations of one year after the claim arose or within one year after the employee last worked for the employer who was responsible for the injury.  See e.g. https://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/westbyopn.pdf 

Are you still working for the employer?  I question whether the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act applies unless the injury to your hesaring was due to exposure to radiation.  But, you say you are eligible, so . . .

×
×