GoBigOrGoHome

Case law and if my trial is showing up for some of it being chased law what if they got it all wrong and it's never happened like that in court but they're using my name the states named and putting in this case law

Back in 2016 I have a trial for a DWI habitual and I got sentenced went and done my time  came home and now I happened to notice online they have my name States 4 case law about my trial on some areas of it my question is what is the information they're using for case law is incorrect like it never happened like that in my trial so they're making it out like it did what can I do to either a have the information changed or to have it removed. And how do they end up getting the information for case law transcripts and if so that means my transcripts would be wrong then what and what is my transcript say one thing but case law is saying something different thank you for any kind of information or imput

Are you referring to a published court opinion after an appeal in your case?  An appellate court's published opinion can't be "changed."  It's based upon the actual record in the trial court as in the transcripts.

LegalwriterOne,

This is about I had a trial I was found quilty an convicted an sentenced. After I got out of prison I happen to notice that online I see my appeal an all online an then month or so later I notice that law schools an also lawyers alot of them are using my case to teach the up coming lawyers in America because emy case is now a case  law . So I happen to see that alot of these law firms an university schools have the information incorrect on their sites an I was woundering if any info that is incorrectly online is unlawful or lawfully .?because it has kept me from 2 jobs . An also  in my transcripts their is wrong people that the court reporter has placed in them that the people that was an never was in the court house Muchless speaking an it clearly showed they were as well as dates that are incorrect . Like case numbers an all an the charges as well . So what an is that the way that is allowed .? An if not who do I report it to ? To have the court reporter in trouble for doing wrong an incorrect work that if I need to use that for appeal it would clearly hurt me in a overturn ? An is their an statue of limitations on this matter ? 

It's not your appellate decision that's costing you jobs, it's you record as an habitual offender. Employers see that record on the criminal background check, they don't go looking for appellate case decisions.

As for your appellate decision being used in law schools, it's one of hundreds, maybe thousands, that are used as case studies in law schools.

How common is your name? Are you sure the case you found is actually your appeal and not the appeal for someone else?

In any case, the appeal is decided based on the transcript of the proceedings in the trial court that the trial court provides. So the information used by the court of appeals is drawn right from the trial court records.

It is not the appellate court decision that is holding you back, though. It is your conviction record. Even if you could change how the appeals court opinion reads (and you can't) it still would not change the fact that you were convicted of the offense. It is the conviction that employers are concerned about.

Yeah but what if the transcripts from the court reporter is incorrect? Their was an is multiple things that are in my transcript that never even took place in the trial or even in the courtroom there including people that was not there that actually has comments and testimony saying that it was from a specific person when that person wouldn't even in the court room meaning the DEA his cell they had a different DNA in there and in my transcripts one example are indicating that the main DEA the head DA was there in speaking when in fact he never was in court house much less speaking an it wasent even him their it was the ADA. So that just being one thing the dates that case numbers in all everything was incorrect is there room for error for that I would think not but why would a transcript that is the holy Grail incorrectly placed to paper an uses an if it has wrong info on it well it could an did damages to me . So how or who do I report to or is their even anything I can do to this matter at hand. 

×
×