GoBigOrGoHome

North Carolina highway patrol and their use of tobacco products why giving me a ticket

I received a speeding ticket coming through a little spot in my community by my local not-so-friendly North Carolina highway patrol of which when he approached my vehicle he had a big lip full of dip in and as he approached the vehicle I also had my phone video recording of which I have him dipping standing at my window  . being that I can't smoke anywhere in a public restaurant or facility and especially government facilities how come my local highway patrolman can you dip while on the clock talkin too and also talking to the civilians and the community.? I mean it wouldn't be very nice for me to have been smoking right there in his face much less him on the clock it's all of our tax dollars paying him to be able to use products that are prohibited throughout the public facilities in places concluding parks and all so why would he be able to dip and if it is not permissible then what can a civilian do to make sure it gets address to the local highway patrolman? 

16 hours ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

...and if it is not permissible then what can a civilian do to make sure it gets address to the local highway patrolman? 

The law does not prohibit him from chewing tobacco while on the side of the road talking with you. Indeed, the law doesn't prohibit chewing tobacco in most places as that does not pose a health risk to other. It is the smoking of tobacco that is prohibited in many public spaces like restaurants, etc. Second hand smoke is a known health risk in addition to being rather annoying to non smokers.

BTW, if you don't want to encounter tobacco chewing cops, then not speeding will help with that. 😀

On 4/27/2019 at 4:44 PM, Tax_Counsel said:

BTW, if you don't want to encounter tobacco chewing cops, then not speeding will help with that.

As will moving away from the State of North Carolina.