Sign in to follow this  
A.Mohammad Sheriff

Customer Service: Senior Consulting Advisor

Can a Supervisor be held accountable for the act of his subordinate?

I the case the company loses money as a result of the subordinate's negligence should the subordinate and his supervisor be subjected to the same disciplinary actions even if found that the supervisor did not commit the act?

If your question is "Is it legal for a company to discipline a supervisor for loss of money due to acts of his subordinates?"  the answer depends on the nature of the discipline.  If the discipline chosen, for instance, counselling or reprimand, is otherwise legal, the answer is yes.  If the discipline is not legal, for example withholding of wages otherwise due, the answer is no.

4 minutes ago, RetiredinVA said:

If your question is "Is it legal for a company to discipline a supervisor for loss of money due to acts of his subordinates?"  the answer depends on the nature of the discipline.  If the discipline chosen, for instance, counselling or reprimand, is otherwise legal, the answer is yes.  If the discipline is not legal, for example withholding of wages otherwise due, the answer is no.

I quite agree with your responses as I am aware of (Superior response).

The issue is there could be a loss to the company for about US$30,000+ if amount not recovered from client. Because of this context is it legal for the Company to suspend both Subordinate and Supervisor? 

Thanks

On 4/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, A.Mohammad Sheriff said:

Can a Supervisor be held accountable for the act of his subordinate?

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible.  Supervisor of what?  Held accountable by whom?  What "act"?

On 4/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, A.Mohammad Sheriff said:

I the case the company loses money as a result of the subordinate's negligence should the subordinate and his supervisor be subjected to the same disciplinary actions even if found that the supervisor did not commit the act?

This question appears to call for a non-legal opinion -- one that cannot intelligently be given without knowledge of all relevant facts.