Sign in to follow this  
Helen

Statue of Limitations

I live in the state of Nebraska, I know the statue of limitations on filing a lawsuit is 2 years.  I had a partial left knee replacement on May 17, 2017, for almost 2 years I continue to have experience pain in that knee and unable to kneel on that knee.  I attempt several times to get someone here in Nebraska to look at my knee to no avail.  I was referred to a ortho doctor in IA and found due to the damage from the partial I had to have a total left knee replacement as well as needing to have my right knee replaced as well.  No I don't play football, my surgeon was over zealous in giving cortisone injections.  I had a total of 5 in 4 months...3 injections in my left knee and 2 in my right knee and I'm diabetic.  I was not informed of the risks of cortisone injections, I was not aware you should only have 3 a year I trusted my doctor who came highly recommended.  So my question is, because the injury was discovered 10/26/18 does this reset the clock for statue of limitations to the date of discovery?  Also, I had a MRI in February 2018 showing thinning of the meniscus by the time I had my second MRI I had missing and loose cartilage.  The only thing I did different was receive 3 injections in my left between February and April.

Your time and reply is greatly appreciated.

Going back could possibly, toll or suspend, the statute of limitations under the "continuing treatment" rule.  But only if the physician continues treating the condition giving rise to the claim.  But you need to stop looking for advice from a bunch of anonymous strangers, who may or not be lawyers, and consult a local attorney