petec357

Beneficiary or will?

My  father passed away 10/18. He had a bank account he kept hidden from my mother and listed my sisters and I as beneficiaries. In the copy of his will he listed his assets which included the aforementioned account. He then wrote "to be split equally between my sisters and I after his and my mothers death" he then signed and dated. 

My question is does this nullify the beneficiary designation? or does that still hold up? We know the account was hidden from my mother because the statements were going to a P.O. box.

The beneficiary designation overrides the will, so you all can go to the bank today and get your money.

The will has no effect on this bank account.

Does he have other assets?  Is the will going to be probated?  Is your mother going to get anything from this estate?

×
×