KCB

50% paymt balance upon title failure to send title

I purchased a quad w agreement on 50% payment then balance when I got title. Now I cannot reach reach the man his phone no longer is valid & he has not sent me the title. Now I’m afraid it may be stolen, or, he knew of repairs now necessary. I’m scared to death to call in vin because I’m afraid I’ll get in trouble. What the heck can I do please? 😳

Another no-title sob story. That's the umpteenth one this week. Here's your sign.

31 minutes ago, KCB said:

I’m scared to death to call in vin because I’m afraid I’ll get in trouble.

Too late to worry about that now. Call it in and find out.

I'll bet that the 50% was more than the quad was worth.

What's the name of your state?

Arizona. I am not worried about the money & an 100% committed to handing it over if it is stolen. My concern is is that if I call am I going to be arrested?!? That’s it. I’m sick about it w fear. I could care less about my financial loss- it was a bad mistake I made in the situation & pressure to buy. It was all I could do to insist that I’m not paying until I have the title. I am NOT looking nor is this a sob story, Sir. I really want advise because I am afraid of ring charges w having it if it is stolen. I’ve been through a lot & do not need this. I need a legal point.

Who do I call mvd or dispatch or detective or what?! Again, my only concern is if I am going to be held criminally by a charge & an arrest if it’s stolen?!? Am I crazy? I’m scared w out knowing what is going to occur. Ok?

Do you have any documentation of your agreement to purchase the vehicle, such as a purchase agreement or, at least, a cancelled check.  I would take a more direct approach, Thai is, I would  consult the police and tell them you believe you may have been cheated out of the payment you made and ask them to determine if the vehicle is stolen.