I live in PA and moved out of an apartment back in 2018 and owed rent, i owed a couple of months because I fell on hard times. As due his right, the landlord went to small court to file a suit. I am trying to fix my debt and  just simply need to know if the money is to go to the landlord or do I pay through the court?

Make sure you get receipts or keep some sort of documentation of payment and get him to sign a Satisfaction of Judgment that you can file with the court.

Keep in mind that you also owe court costs and probably post judgment interest so you'll want to get a copy of the judgment to determine the costs and the interest.

when I make the payment in full and have him sign this satisfaction of judgment should I do it in front of the court clerk, or a notary, or would the receipt be enough proof?

Thanks guys, appreciate the answers and time.

×
×