Sign in to follow this  
VeraCaUSA

Tax Suit

I presume that when a lawsuit is filed for demand of delinquent ad valorem  taxes, the property owner has to contact the District Court Clerks office in order to actually get a copy of the Plaintiff Original Petition?  

Can a Tax lien proceed if the property owner stills has a hearing pending before the ARB on the property being foreclosed?      

A copy of the petition must be served with a citation to answer the petition.  Rule 99.a.

1 hour ago, VeraCaUSA said:

Can a Tax lien proceed if the property owner stills has a hearing pending before the ARB on the property being foreclosed?

Is the tax lien for a period prior to the time involved in the hearing?

Thank you for your reply.

5 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

A copy of the petition must be served with a citation to answer the petition.  Rule 99.a.

While I didn't get a copy of a petition, I did get a copy of the citation which appears to conform more in part with Rule 117(a)(5).  

5 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

Is the tax lien for a period prior to the time involved in the hearing?

The delinquency occurred after the Notice of Protest was timely filed.   

Just to follow-up, it appears the reason that I was not scheduled for a hearing before the Appraisal Review Board is due to having reached a settlement regarding one of the issues I was protesting.

Of course I should have realized that it would be construed that "I hereby withdraw my protest and waive my rights to any board's approval of the settlement outlined below."  didn't mean just the issue that was noted on the document,  but any and all issues raised in the protest. 

At least I got them to lower their appraised value of the properties down to only 1,428% above the cash price paid at a public auction.   🤘