Sign in to follow this  
TRUST ? WHO?

something fishy....

Upon notification of my inheritance  I hired a trust attorney,and inquired about SNT trusts, I had only received 150,000 and knew It was not enough to buy a home and live on.  My attorney became very aggressive and insisted I sign the trust she had drawn up.

She had even brought in a professional fiduciary for my trustee, by this time I was crying confused and repeatedly said I did not want to do it ,she ignored me and proceeded anyways squeezed my shoulder I said I only care about ending up with a place to live. 

"TRUST ME" she insisted I sign as she could guarantee  I could buy a mobile home in a particular area .I  came to find out that there were mobile homes I could afford but I would never qualify or be able to pay space rent and utilities. I was devastated as now I was locked into homelessness by the terms of the trust. The trustee upon learning of my fate said he already knew I would not qualify and said nothing until after the trust was in effect. I live in a storage yard in an old camper no plumbing ,shower,cooking,internet or tv no heat or a/c .My attorney and the trustee could care less I have been unable to get either one of them to do anything .SSI was never made aware of the trust she said she filed SSI reduced my   benefits from 989.00 to 750.00 as a penalty. My trustee has not filed my taxes or provide me statements. He has no problem paying the attorney from the trust 550.00 for an hour of her time. I had given him two weeks notice that I was going to mexico to have dental implants only to sit in a motel waiting 5 days for money as he could not figure out how to send a wire transfer. The trustee knows nothing about SNT trusts and I come to find has a criminal record, demographic crimes ?   ( preying on the elderly )  that would be my guess and has a license     to administer narcotics.......    I found a person I wanted to be my trustee and my attorney( the trustkeeper ) Is now telling me no  . Somebody that is not  corrupt tell me what I can do pleeeeeze.

It's very important to mention what state this occurred in, so that state law can be checked.  When you asked for statements was that a verbal request or a written request?  What type of statements do you want:  bank account documents or accounting statements?

This lawyer's failure to file taxes and provide statements borders on breach of fiduciary duty.

You need to retain the services of a new special needs trust attorney so that you can then fire the other one, and let the new attorney give you guidelines on how to do that.

And you can also consider filing a complaint against the former attorney with the state bar association, but whether they will penalize her is debatable.

What's up with the microscopic font?

On 4/13/2019 at 4:49 AM, TRUST ? WHO? said:

notification of my inheritance

Notification by whom?  And what exactly were you notified about?

I had only received 150,000

Only $150k?

My attorney became very aggressive and insisted I sign the trust she had drawn up.

Not sure what this really means, but you obviously were free not to sign anything you didn't want to sign.

she ignored me and proceeded anyways squeezed my shoulder

Did you report this to the police?

now I was locked into homelessness by the terms of the trust.

And those terms were...what?

My trustee has not filed my taxes

If this person is a trustee of a trust of which you are a beneficiary, it's not her job to file your taxes.

or provide me statements.

Statements about what?

Somebody that is not  corrupt tell me what I can do pleeeeeze.

Not sure how you could possibly expect anyone here to know anything.  We only know what you included in your post, but your post is scattered and vague.  You can try coherently describing the terms of the trust, but you'll ultimately need to have a local attorney review it and advise you.

2 hours ago, knort4 said:

This lawyer's failure to file taxes and provide statements borders on breach of fiduciary duty.

The OP was complaining that the trustee didn't do these things, but it's not the lawyer's responsibility to file the OP's taxes any more than it is the trustee's responsibility.

51 minutes ago, knort4 said:

She most likely was referring to the trust tax return.

"My trustee has not filed my taxes" does not sounds like a reference to a trust tax return.  Best not to assume that a poster meant something completely different than what is written without saying that you're doing so because, if the poster meant what was written, you may be giving out bad info.