Sign in to follow this  
Rhonda Politte

Child abuse

My ex and I are still cohabitating but going through custody hearings, I have noticed my son saying awful things to me and I ask him where he heard it and he says from daddy and he told me to say it to!!! Is this child abuse 

No, it is more commonly referred to as "disparaging remarks" and is quite common in divorce and custody cases.  In the course of the custody proceeding, you should ask the judge to order both parties to refrain from making disparaging remarks about the other.  If it continues keep a diary of the remarks and, if they interfere with your relation with your child, return to court and ask your spouse to be held in contempt with your documented evidence.  

14 hours ago, Rhonda Politte said:

My ex and I are still cohabitating

You're ex-what?  Ex-husband?  Ex-boyfriend?  Ex-something else?

I have noticed my son saying awful things to me

Just so you know, this is beyond vague.

Is this child abuse 

Probably not, but without some sort of coherent explanation of what you're talking about and the identity of the state where it is occurring, it's impossible to say.

P.S.  Why are you still living with your ex?

How is your child making rude remarks to you child abuse? I suggest you address it with your co-parent as you would any other misbehavior. You live with the child full time. How do you handle other behavior you as a parent do not approve?