Sign in to follow this  
Nordhr Kolisnski

Emancipation by Enlistment of Armed Forces in FL

The title is pretty self-explanatory, but I have read on various websites that one is automatically emancipated if they enlist in the Armed Forces. Since I doubt this is federal, I tried finding out if this is true in Florida. Alas, I have received contradictory information. As such, I've come here to ask the question: Does enlistment in the Armed Forces qualifying for emancipation in Florida?

1 hour ago, Nordhr Kolisnski said:

The title is pretty self-explanatory, but I have read on various websites that one is automatically emancipated if they enlist in the Armed Forces. Since I doubt this is federal, I tried finding out if this is true in Florida. Alas, I have received contradictory information. As such, I've come here to ask the question: Does enlistment in the Armed Forces qualifying for emancipation in Florida?

You're right, it is not a matter of federal law. In Florida, it is Chapter 743 of the Florida Statutes that covers emancipation (though that word does not explictly appear in the statutes). As you will see, nothing in those statutes provides that enlistment in the military automatically results in emancipation.