i pay rent weekly and have been at my residence for almost 5 yrs. I have no lease just a paper that documents my deposit.  The manager of the property told me I have one week to get out because he wants to give my apt to the Latin store that I live next to. But he is dying and no longer manages the property. I have received no written papers. I need to no my rights and the law on this. Please help I'm in shock. 

Edited 9 minutes ago by Jennifer 1966 
Misspelled

7 day written notice is required.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0083/Sections/0083.57.html

83.57 Termination of tenancy without specific term.A tenancy without a specific duration, as defined in s. 83.46(2) or (3), may be terminated by either party giving written notice in the manner provided in s. 83.56(4), as follows:

(1) When the tenancy is from year to year, by giving not less than 60 days’ notice prior to the end of any annual period;
(2) When the tenancy is from quarter to quarter, by giving not less than 30 days’ notice prior to the end of any quarterly period;
(3) When the tenancy is from month to month, by giving not less than 15 days’ notice prior to the end of any monthly period; and
(4) When the tenancy is from week to week, by giving not less than 7 days’ notice prior to the end of any weekly period.

×
×