Walter Kowalczyk

Trying to steal my mustang

Recently I traded vehicles with sombody and I only recieved a bill of sale. I traded a 2004 chevy truck for a 2001 mustang GT. Stupidly i gave him his title but i didnt recieve mine. Now even though the man i traded with is 28 years old his mother is claiming she still has guardianship over him and that my bill of sale is invalid because of that fact. She is now threatening to come take the car back if i dont trade back with him. He has been beating my truck around town to the point that i dont want it back. Do i have legal ownership of my car or not. I reside in New Hampshire. Also I have done lots of mechanical work to the car meanwhile he has beat the poor truck into the ground.

10 hours ago, Walter Kowalczyk said:

Do i have legal ownership of my car or not.

Since the title is in someone else's name, no, you don't.

It doesn't sounds like you're likely to get title without suing, so you either need to sue or trade back.

×
×