Matt lee

False ad

Placed an online order from a third-party seller on Walmart.com for a set of Pistons. The ad stated quantity of 8. The ad listed the price of $296.99 then had a reduced price I placed an order the seller accepted billed and shipped. After shipping the seller informed me that the ad had a misprint in the description the quantity was wrong in the price was wrong but charged me the and sent me one instead of the set of 8. When I contacted the seller he told me that he was aware of the ad discrepancies with the quantity and price and told me it was my fault that I should have known better. What can I do.

0_IMG_20190325_0001.jpeg

IMG_20190324_0001.jpeg

30 minutes ago, adjusterjack said:

Gee. Right below the $57.50 it says quantity 1

As in 1 set of 8.

53 minutes ago, Matt lee said:

What can I do.

I'm sure you can do lots of things.  Forcing the seller to send you 7 more pistons is, however, not a realistic expectation.  If you really feel like you've been wronged, you can submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission.  Beyond that, go buy 7 more pistons.

1 hour ago, adjusterjack said:

Gee. Right below the $57.50 it says quantity 1 and has a drop down arrow which likely would have changed the total price depending on the number of pistons you wanted.

You got 1, now order the other 7.

That's it.

Yeah and when you click on it it goes from 1 to infinity but also says a set of eight if you read thep partsdescription

I found a similar add. 1 piston for $59.91. When you click on the arrow you can pick how many you want. Then click add to cart and the price is adjusted for the quantity you picked.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Federal-Mogul-H693CP30-FDMH693CP30-PISTONS-COATED-BBC/156173370

Trouble is, the body of the ad also says "8 pc" and "Set of 8."

I'm a back yard mechanic and a reasonably prudent person when it comes to buying stuff online. I wouldn't have thought for a moment that I could get 8 pistons for $59.91 and certainly figured out that the quantity changes the total price.

The link adjusterjack linked has a return policy.  

Burkart Automotive return policy
Return Policy 30 Days From Date of Purchase. * To ensure proper and timely credit, an MRA # is requierred on all returns. Any returns without an MRA # may not get processed. * To obtain an MRA # please contact us and we will issue a MRA#. * The product must be returned within 30 days. *The shipment of returns that are not the fault of Burkart Automotive are the responsibility of the customer. * All retruns that are not the fault of Burkart Automotive are subject to a 20% restocking Fee. * All products must be returned in the condition they were received and must be properly packaged. The following only applies to returns that are the fault of Burkart Automotive: *return shipping cost are the cost of the customer unless the return is do to an error by Burkart Automotive

12 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

I'm a back yard mechanic and a reasonably prudent person when it comes to buying stuff online. I wouldn't have thought for a moment that I could get 8 pistons for $59.91

Except that the ad to which you linked is for exactly that:  a set of 8 for $59.91.  If I adjust the quantity, then I'm ordering X sets of 8 for $59.91X.

Summit Racing has a set of 8 pistons for $337.99.

There's a set of 8 pistons on eBay for $415.00.

Get real, people, you aren't getting a set of 8 pistons for $59.91 or $57.50.

Any car guy (or gal) who knows the difference between the piston and the Johnson rod knows that.:lol:

Be my guest if you want to spend a few thousand litigating across the country to save a few hundred on a poorly worded ad. :P

×
×