lbarch26

Temporary custody in Tennessee kids are not mine

i willingly took custody of 3 children ages 16 , 2 and a newborn . the kids are my husbands relatives however i signed the papers to take temporary custody.. i feel like i was mislead regarding  the length of time and the whole process is very new to me . i can not receive any benefits except wic . i have 2 children of my own ages 3 and 6. i am now completely broke my whole savings is gone due to child care expenses , clothing and taking care of these kids.. i have missed at least 3 weeks from work that i didnt get paid for in the last 3 months due to court dates and these kids being sick . i am broke, exhausted and on the verge of a mental breakdown, i called my DCS office to ask for help or to find a new placement for them and i was told there is nothing i can do they are my responsibility point blank . please advise on how to overturn the temporary custody in Tennessee

25 minutes ago, lbarch26 said:

the kids are my husbands relatives

What does that mean?

Why do you have custody? Where does your husband fit in this matter?   Are you receiving child support from the children's parents?  Have you applied for it?  

You really haven't described the situation at all.

the newborn was born drug addicted the kids were taken from the mother who just got released from jail now is in a 1 year drug program. 2 year old and newborn are biologically my husbands brothers however he did not sign the birth certificates and no we can not locate him . . no one to get child support from i could only get wic and tenncare for the children no familiys 1st due to legally they are not family.. 

1 hour ago, lbarch26 said:

i willingly took custody of 3 children ages 16 , 2 and a newborn . the kids are my husbands relatives however i signed the papers to take temporary custody.

What is the nature of the relationship between the 16 year old and your husband (as I understand your follow up post, the other two are his nieces/nephews)?  What "papers" did you sign?

1 hour ago, lbarch26 said:

i feel like i was mislead regarding  the length of time

Misled by whom?  Length of time between what and what?  How were you misled?

Regardless of how you answer these questions, there's not much anyone here will be able to tell you other than that you should seek counsel from a local attorney.