Only Daughter

Fathers passing 2011 how do I search for a will ?

My natural father passed

1-23-2011 I found out by accident by looking up obituaries, it did not mention his 3 children, how do I find any info on him as I've been doing a family tree, yet I can not find my birth or my mother & fathers marriage or his military records, I don't know his rank or his status Or his family history, like his father, I do have a press release picture of him with Eisenhower when he was a private with no date.  

It's all gone dark no leads.

His only daughter.

Please advise

3 hours ago, Only Daughter said:

My natural father passed

Natural father?  As opposed to what...your artificial father?

In any event, your post does not appear to raise any legal issues, and no one on a message board has any idea how you might find out information about someone who died eight years ago in an unknown state.  You might want to try and find a message board for genealogical research.

Contact the local library of the city where he lives to ask if they can find an obituary notice for him, or look up his name online and see if the obituary comes up.

Contact the county courthouse probate court to ask if he has a probate file and order copies of the probate file be sent to you by ail, so you will have an understanding of how his estate was handled and also find out the names and addresses of his heirs/family/beneficiaries who you can contact for more information.

22 minutes ago, knort4 said:

Ummm...the original post rather clearly says that the OP "found out [his/her father's death] by accident by looking up obituaries."

You can request military records through the following website:

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

You will probably need some identifying information besides just his name. If you don't have that you might first try getting a copy of his death certificate from your state or county Vital Records. That you have date of death is helpful.

However, the probate court in the county were he lived/died should probably be your first stop. Any probate file would be public record and you can get a lot of information from it.

Have you tried any of the genealogy websites? You'd be surprised what you can get for free.

9 hours ago, pg1067 said:

I'm pretty good at research so let me clarify.

Grandmother from Poland immigrated to America in the 1930 census she and 1month old son MY Father are found after that he is nonexistent. . unable to find my Mother and his marriage info My mother later remarried my father then remarried his wife is found but nothing comes up regarding him

5 minutes ago, Only Daughter said:

So?

Have you checked genealogy websites?

Have you checked the probate court?

Have you gotten the death certificate?

Have you ordered the military records?

If you haven't done any of that in that order, then you haven't really done anything.

3 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

So?

Have you checked genealogy websites?

Have you checked the probate court?

Have you gotten the death certificate?

Have you ordered the military records?

Well since I found out only Dec 2018 I do have my birth cert and birth registry as well as when he was born but not where Poland ? America ? Both my grandparents on his side as well as aunts and uncles are passed away.  my mother an only child . .  so tell me if your so good look this up :

John Kenneth Raines

Death 1-23-2011

Mission Viejo, Calif.

B-cert says born 1939

Census says 1940

Place on my cert  MO.

I have a pic of him don't have a date taken his age at my birth 22

I was born 9-1960

Do the math, Eisenhower has 5 stars metal is sharp shooter corner at bottom says PRESS PICTURE SERVICE

Thanks

20190321_205844.jpg

You've heard the old saying "What's wrong with this picture"?

Eisenhower became a 5 star general on Dec 20, 1944. Your father was born 1939. That makes him 5 years old in 1944. He certainly missed serving in WWII. Eisenhower resigned his commission in 1952 when he became President of the US. Your father would have been 13. Assuming he's about 20 in the photo, that would be about 1959. I don't think Eisenhower would have been able to wear the uniform during his presidency. His commission was reactivated in 1960 when his presidency was over and he resumed being a 5 star general.

Your father is wearing a PFC (Private First Class) stripe. Conscription was minimal in the late 1950s and draftees went in for two years. If your father was Ex-GI when you were born that puts his service between 1958-1960 (just a guess). Another guess is that a GI could make PFC in 6 months after being inducted. (I got mine in Jan 1967 after 6 months.)

What makes you sure that it's Eisenhower in the photo? I can't see his face fully enough to recognize him nor can I make out how many stars he is wearing. Looks like maybe 3. It's highly unlikely that Eisenhower was touring bases in uniform while President.

I don't know what else to tell you. I've given you some suggestions.

Dwight Eisenhower didn't have nearly that much hair after his presidency was over.  Nor was it that dark.  Also, the person at the left of that picture appears to have three or four stars, not five.

7 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

Now when someone else says it besides the age math. . .I recall receiving a call cuz I left my # on the obituary from a guy who said something really strange. . to me not knowing me but knowing of me. He said " Your dad was a schister " he mentioned that he introduced my dad to Mary who he left our family for. Last I saw him I was 8 then again when I was 28 and when he called to say grandma was dying and wanted to see us I had 2 children by then so I took them with me. I know he had a 28ft sailboat, named "Nobel Prize" an Cessna Airplane, 3 homes, and a Mon´et painting, cuz he went out of his way to point that out.. . . Oh I got the pic from my Aunt when she passed it is original but I took a pic of a paper copy for the post, so maybe not Eisenhower ? Anyway I know while growing up he was working at Litton , then Rocket Dine, he has a Zoom profile. But it gets me no where company's Do not look up that old of files or do they ?

My great-grandfather's obituary said he was a lieutenant in the Navy  and sailed with Perry to Japan.  His pension records said he was a coal shoveler, third class, and was mustered out at the end of the War Between the States.  But he did get to spend a six month vacation at a southern resort called Andersonville.  Obituaries are often very creative exercises.

×
×