Sign in to follow this  
Fedup19

Separated

My husband purchased a car before we were married but we were living together and sharing bills. This became an extra bill we had to adjust our budget to together. Now that we're married, he has taken 5 or 6 out charges on me for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He never shows to court and I never get a chance in court. I'm still out of bond money and still have those charges appear in a record check. Also, he talks badly about me on Facebook and calls me every name but mine. I'm tired of this happening. There was no prenup. What do I do??

Ok, I am asking what do I do? I am more than happy to divorce him! Must be separated a year. Also, I helped pay for that car. Why should I not have equal rights to use it? He doesn't care about the care as much as just controlling me. 

13 hours ago, Fedup19 said:

I am asking what do I do?

Uh huh...and you got two accurate answers to that question.

Must be separated a year.

Depends on the laws of your unidentified state.

I helped pay for that car. Why should I not have equal rights to use it?

Because your "husband purchased [the] car before [you] were married" and it is, presumably, titled in his name.  That you may have contributed money to the purchase is irrelevant.