Sign in to follow this  
avdheshs

Political Opinion

Hello,

I am having issue with ruling political party in my state and oppose them on many times because of different opinion.

They threaten me a lot on daily basis and humiliate in public. I was beaten by them on 2 different occasion but when I try to file FIR ,Police station refused to do so because of their influence.

I am in very bad situation and may be put behind the bars without any issue or may be beaten to death.I am looking for asylum ,Please let me know how can I proceed.

Thanks

Avdhesh

Getting approved for entry to the U.S. based on asylum is not an easy thing to do. Simply facing problems in your home country because of conflict with the ruling party or government is not enough. I suggest you try to contact an immigration lawyer in the U.S. who focuses on asylum cases for help.

To apply for asylum you must already be physically present in the US, which is something some of our elected officials seem not to understand. https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum You can file as soon as you arrive, or you have up to a year to do so (longer if circumstances permit).

If you are outside the US, you would apply for refugee status, but it is not that easy. https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees