Sign in to follow this  
FathersRights431

Visitation Rights

My ex has now decided to deny me my child at the court ordered exchange time and place solely on her wanting me to get out of the car to receive him. She has previously falsely accused me of verbally attacking her before so I do not feel comfortable addressing her directly during these exchanges. Can she deny releasing my child to me if I have another adult receive the child. The visitation order does not specify it must be me that picks up my child directly.

Can she do this? Im suppose to see my son every other weekend and I haven't seen him in over a month solely because she wants me to get out of the vehicle during the exchanges and I dont feel comfortable. She was very controlling during our relationship and I feel this is another way she wants to control me through my child in addition to setting me up to say Im attacking her.

And, after these violations, how likely is it that I can file and get the order modified so that the child spends most of the time with me and she gets weekends. I would never make vivitation this hard for her and I think it would be in my childs best interest.

Well, she doesn't have to hand the child over to some random adult who promise that sure, they will take him to see his Dad. Custody is between the parents and there can be important information that ought to be shared at the time of the exchange (Junior had an ear infection, here are his antibiotics he gets twice a day, etc.). If you must you can modify the agreement to have the exchange in a public location or police station, but you will need to have a solid reason for doing this. It isn't clear what if anything has come of her allegations and if there is any merit to them. It also isn't clear how old your child is.

Child is 7 and we can only communicate through talking parents. We already meet in a public place per order. When ive gotten out of the car shes falsly alleged that I've verbally attack her so I would like to avoid that. She uses any opportunity to set me up in hopes of taking all custody. This is why I would prefer to not give her that opportunity. What good is a visitation court order if it is manipulated and abused by an angry ex and doesn't have to be followed. I've read that any licensed legal adult can pick up at an exchange if I give courtesy notice prior.