Hpntst

Estate issues and NY State procedure questions

The executrix has made deals and distributed some assets and not disclosed others in the fiduciary reports. I am representing myself and the Surrogate Court Judge is shocked at what is taking place when I had to appear for an Order To Show Cause. The laws are very much on my side, I just need to know my next step in formatting my response with the facts to the court.  Is it proper to cite the NYS Ethics regarding the opposing attorney's misconduct? May I cite the Surrogate Court Rules and definitions?   Any sample forms to guide me?

Thank you for any and all assistance!!

What is the value of this estate?

What is the value of the items the executrix has made "deals" for?

Do you have a record of the inventory or assets to prove your allegations?

Was the executrix required to post a bond or was bond specifically exempted/not required?

Don't you think it's time to consult with a New York probate attorney for proper guidance and stratety on what you should do to win your case or ask the attorney to help you win it?

I had retained an alleged top notch attorney and he did nothing. Yes, they admitted to disposing of an auto. I’ve already gotten farther on my own. Thank you for your concern but I’m looking for simple answers, not more questions.

Your answers will help us understand your situation a little better, so as to better advise you.

No one at this website will give you specific guidance on how to format a response or what forms touse, which you might find online or at the surrogate court website.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Hpntst said:

Is it proper to cite the NYS Ethics regarding the opposing attorney's misconduct?

I have no idea what "cite the NYS Ethics" might mean, but I doubt it's improper.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Hpntst said:

May I cite the Surrogate Court Rules and definitions?

Of course.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:55 PM, Hpntst said:

Any sample forms to guide me?

I doubt it.  If you're asking if anyone here will provide you with such forms, the answer is no.  That's not what these boards are for, and, to the best of my knowledge, no New York probate attorneys follow these boards.  I suggest you confer with a local attorney.

×
×