searcher7

Online Fee Agreement for CAL RE Lead- Owed Balance

I supplied a distressed real estate property lead I found for a referral fee of 10% via an online website. The person that owns the website and received the lead is located in California. He wound up purchasing the property and made approximately $100K on the deal.  There was not a traditional signed contract for this transaction it was a matter of completing the lead details and my contact information on the web form and then clicking submit.

After I submitted the lead I was contacted by the website owner and he told me how much he purchased it for which I have verified thru the recorder/assessor. After it closed I was only paid $2K of the total $10K I was owed and he now refuses to pay me the balance. I will need to sue him and need to know if an online agreement such as this is enforceable in California. Thank you.

No one here can address the specific agreement between you and the other person without reading it, but contracts are not unenforceable just because they are entered into "online."