Sign in to follow this  
juliano fernandes

Juliano Fernandes needs advice

If you received a phone call or letter saying your warranty has expired and you need to extend it, it is a scam.  If anything fails on your seven year old car the "warranty" company will say it is a pre-existing condition because your car is seven years old.

15 hours ago, juliano fernandes said:

Do I need to take out an extra warranty on my car to protect my investment?

Protect it from what?  What does "extra warranty" mean?  It implies that you already have a warranty and are considering some sort of additional warranty.  Is that right?  Rather obviously, whether any sort of "extra" or additional warranty is or isn't a good idea depends on what the existing warranty covers (which you didn't tell us), what additional coverage the "extra warranty" will provide (which you didn't tell us), and what concerns you have about the car (which you didn't tell us).  This post also does appear to raise any legal issue.

Buying an extended warranty or not will have no effect on if your car will break down. It is merely insurance that can pay or help pay if you do need a repair. And they are not all created equal. Remember they are there to make money on the policies. If they pay more for repairs than they earn in premiums they lose money. Extended warranties are a fairly high-profit business.