Marvin Burbank CA

Victim of Auto Collision and my Attorney Disappeared

My lawyer has vanished, literally disappeared, I had to send a termination letter and now left without representation.?

I was the victim of an auto collision and have 45 days before my statue of limitations expires. Other party confirmed guilt. I already received funds for loss of vehicle. Current medical expenses exceed $20K with another $40K in projected future medical costs and operation. The defendant's (party who hit me) insurance company (Travelers) won't talk to me and it seems I have no choice but to file a lawsuit. I have built an entire file and the previous attorney did not do anything from what I have discovered. Can I file a lawsuit myself or is an attorney really needed? Need help....

20 minutes ago, Marvin Burbank CA said:

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence isn't a question.

20 minutes ago, Marvin Burbank CA said:

Can I file a lawsuit myself or is an attorney really needed?

I have no reason to believe that you lack the ability to fill out the Judicial Council forms and file them with the court.  Whether you have the ability to successfully litigate a case is something no one on this or any other message board can intelligently determine.  That said, there's a lot of truth to the maxim that a person who represents himself has a fool for a client.

×
×