Sign in to follow this  
FathersRights431

Custody- Final Judgment

Thats correct. To better phrase my question, is this a strategy used by attorneys to help clients with a decision they did not want in order to have the whole case dismissed in the event a self-represented person wouldn't know the proper after trial steps. And if so, what can happen if no judgment is filled by either party?

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, FathersRights431 said:

is this a strategy used by attorneys to help clients with a decision they did not want in order to have the whole case dismissed in the event a self-represented person wouldn't know the proper after trial steps.

For starters, it's not completely clear what "fail to complete the final judgment" means.  Nor is it clear what everything after the word "want" means.  Why would "fail[ing] to complete the final judgment" result in "the whole case [being] dismissed"?

Is "fail[ing] to complete the final judgment" "a strategy used by attorneys"?  Which attorneys?  Is it a strategy universally employed by all family law attorneys in all 50 states in the U.S.?  No.  Is it a strategy used by any family law attorney ever?  I doubt anyone here can conclusively answer this question in the negative.

You're going to need to clarify what you're talking about before anyone will be able to give you anything concrete in response.  You should also identify the relevant state.

thank you. I am in CA and the letter received in the mail by the court states the judgment has not been completed and if not completed the case my be dismissed. I  contacted an attorney and they stated that these are forms that typically get completed by the attorney representing the other party if I am self represented. These are forms that we have to complete and give the judge to sign after trials. They state "formally" what has been ordered by the judge in the meeting summary. The issue seems to have been solved as I have submitted these forms to be completed.