My father won the lottery in 1996. 17.5 million. He was married but seperated and subsiquintly married and divorced twice, 50 some odd years her senior!  They seperated on the honeymoon after he recieved photos of bride to be in a hot tub the day of the nuptials!  A couple of weeks later (he had hired attorney to get annulment) my father was run over during a daily routine on his bicycle! I have paper trail of the people responsible for death! He lived 9 months in a vegetative state! I am his only child!  I became poa of the estate till his death then my son became personal representative!  In his will I was to get the bulk of the estate then my 3 children!  With that being said all I got was 0 and a fraudulent lawyer who made false accusations mainly over the wrongful death suit that he filed . I had no prior knowledge to this. I have spent the last 9 years plus researching gathering information as well as suffering a stroke. He died in 2010! To say the politics of the county where this took place has the reputation  that is much to be desired! What should o do?

It's not necessary to end almost every sentence with an exclamation point.

3 hours ago, Shirleygirl said:

What should o do?

No one could intelligently answer this question based on the scant information provided.  Among other things, one would need to know why you didn't receive your inheritance and when your father's estate closed.  I suggest you consult with a local probate attorney, but I think the prior response is likely correct.

What year was his will submitted to probate court?

After you received nothing, what steps did you take in 2010 (or after probate was finished) to find out how his estate was handled?

Have you ever checked with the banks to see how much money was in his accounts in 2010 and whether those accounts designated anyone as beneficiary or if no beneficiary was on the account at all?

Did his wives receive any financial settlement or alimony that was awarded by the court?

Did your son explain to you how the estate was handled?

Did your son have the assistance of a probate attorney when he was handling this estate?

Yes the wife did recieve money and my 3 children. The probate case is still open.  No my son would not discuss anything with me. According to online information with clerk of court there was allocated money awarded to all of the above mentioned.  Yes my son had representation whom refused to keep me informed . I didn’t think there was a statute of limitation on murder. Obviously the will my father left wasn’t considered much less an inquire as to how he died. 

9 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Do you live near or in the same city or county where your father lived or do you live some distance away?

The fact that your son did not communicate with you about this estate is problematic and it should have been a red flag to you back then.

The fact that he was named as a "personal representative" is an indication that a will was not presented to the probate court.  If they had submitted a will, he would have been called an "executor".

If the will had been presented to court, as a potential beneficiary was was named in the will, you would have been sent notice by mail that probate proceedings were taking place.  But I'm guessing that you never attended any of the probate court hearings because you either didn't know about them or maybe you lived too far away to be able to attend.

Did you ever see the will?  Do you know who had the will at the time of your father's death? Do you know the names of anyone who witnessed his signing or the name of the attorney who helped him write the will?

It looks like they conspired to destroy the will so that instead, intestate probate law would be used, in an attempt to deny you from inheriting.

If possible, you should visit the county courthouse probate department look at the entire probate file yourself to see exactly how the estate was handled, and check to see if an executor's bond or personal representative's bond was posted in regards to this estate.

It is probably too late for anything to be done, but you can talk to an attorney to make sure that this is the case and to get your other questions answered.  Ask the attorney if you have anything to pursue if there was a bond posted, and also if you can file charges against anyone for theft of an estate.   I'm sorry, but it looks like you have been cheated.

• Off Notify me of replies
  • Submit Reply

How right you are sir.  That was My father whom I idolized. So many denied me the time to mourn they know who they are and what they did.  Money has a way of bringing out the ugly in their souls. I want to believe there is a better solution than taking family to court. We all resided in same county then. It’s not so much what you know but who you know. Some laws do not apply to all

×
×