So the reason why I am posting I'd because my 20 month old son has been in foster care since he was born I am a recovering addict for the first 7 months of his life I was in jail and or in A mommy and me program then in a halfway house.i currently have almost 2 years clean I have stable housing a good job and I'm also in drug court treatment program so I'm constantly being supervised. My son can come d home if I can find appropriate child care. I work 2 to 10. I don't have anyone I wanted to have my mother move in and be my live in babysitter but children and youth won't approve her because she has a child endangerment charge from almost 20 years ago. She also is a recovering addict with almost 2 years clean the charge was because we were using together. Due to that charge they will not approve her I have court March 11 the where there plan is to change my goal to adoption due to the fact he has been in foster care for so long please any help alot afvice. My mother is more then willing to take urine screens do whatever to bring my son home and they are not cooperating please any advice

The court is not going to consider returning your child with your mother in your home.  It's that simple.  You will need to come up with another plan for child care.  You're not the only person who works a shift that isn't 8 to 5.  There are childcare facilities that are available.  You just have to do some looking. 

×
×