Sign in to follow this  
KBd

Sinking Feeling, Boat Storage gone bad

My boat was put into storage for the winter. My brand new boat...1 yr old. While in storage something happened to ruin the finish on my boat and the rails ( acid wash dripped down and sat on the surfaces apparently). The covers were also a mess but they were cleaned and I was told that they would repair my bat and make me 'whole again'  They were to order the parts and would let me know when they were available. They said I could take my boat until the parts came in or they could wait and perform the services after the season. I never got any word on the parts through the summer. I brought my boat i and they said it would be repaired over the winter ( current season). I have called the service manager and sent emails without response. I held off my current season storage bill until they threatened collection. I finally spoke with him and he assured me that he would return my call by the end of the day. No return call. I have been a reasonable person and have not received any information other than they don't represent that line anymore ( not my issue) . I need legal advice. Is this a consumer issue, negligence issue and what can be done about it. I have all email chains and photos of my boat

51 minutes ago, KBd said:

acid wash dripped down

From where and why? That's important in determining responsibility.

That they are ducking your calls and shining you on indicates that they likely have no intention of fixing your boat and they are hoping you'll just go away.

52 minutes ago, KBd said:

Is this a consumer issue, negligence issue and what can be done about it.

Whatever it is, it's clear that you will have to get your boat fixed elsewhere and sue for the repair cost.

1 hour ago, KBd said:

I was told that they would repair my bat and make me 'whole again'  They were to order the parts and would let me know when they were available. They said I could take my boat until the parts came in or they could wait and perform the services after the season.

Who are "they"?

1 hour ago, KBd said:

they don't represent that line anymore

Huh?

1 hour ago, KBd said:

I need legal advice. Is this a consumer issue, negligence issue and what can be done about it. I have all email chains and photos of my boat

You told us that, after being "put into storage" of some unidentified sort, and apparently as a result of acid wash from some unknown source, the "finish" and "rails" on your boat were "ruined."  But what exactly does that mean?  Your post goes into a bunch of detail about your back and forth with "they," but none of that stuff is particularly relevant to whether you have a claim against someone.  You also didn't tell us what the cost to fix it is or when this happened (sounds like maybe winter 2017-18, but not clear).  Also, do you have insurance on your boat?  If so, have you reported what happened to your insurer to determine if it is covered?  If not, why not?  If so, what response did you get?