Splenda2019

Who oversees Executor duties?

Our grandfather passed 1.5 years ago and left his living son as executor. According to the will our uncle receives 50% of estate and me and my two siblings split the remaining 50% (our mother passed so we split what would have been her 50%). We trust our uncle but he is 70 and still works a full time job so he says he does not have time to to what he needs. It has been 9 months since the probate court issued the drop order. He direct deposited money into our personal accounts but we still are waiting for bonds to be transferred. Is there a time frame executor should be done distributing funds? There were also smaller items like plots and cars that should be sold and distributed but we are not sure that has happened. Are executors supposed to keep records of all they do? I know it's a lot and have offered to help but he is paying money for lawyers and cpas and that is draining the account as well but he just says they don't know what they are doing. I just want to make sure there is no tax penalty on the bonds since they still have not been release to us. Hope it makes sense, thanks!

56 minutes ago, Splenda2019 said:

Is there a time frame executor should be done distributing funds?

No (unless the court has entered an order imposing a deadline).

56 minutes ago, Splenda2019 said:

Are executors supposed to keep records of all they do?

Yes.

Is that really all you intended to ask?