howi82cy

Fraudulent distribution of escrow

The Will of my wife's father as far as the real property involved stated that his wife (who is not the mother of his children ) could reside at the property for the balance of her life but if at anytime should she no longer resides at the property ,sell the property or become deceased one half of the property's  value of  to be divided equally between his two daughters and grandson. With the change of title of the real property during probate the above information was made part of and incorporated into the deed for the real property

What has happened is the stepmother sold the property and the title company failed to disperse the funds as per the Will which is filled with and as part of the deed. There were no notices sent and it took about a year for us to discover the sale. Two months ago the title company accepted responsibility for the error.this is where we are at .They tell us that they will pay when they get to it and they want to pay a reduced amount . We are in CA but the the property, probate and escrow  is in WA

There's no question in your post, so I'm unsure what sort of response you're seeking or what the purpose of your post is.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, howi82cy said:

The Will of my wife's father as far as the real property involved stated that his wife (who is not the mother of his children ) could reside at the property for the balance of her life but if at anytime should she no longer resides at the property ,sell the property or become deceased one half of the property's  value of  to be divided equally between his two daughters and grandson.

This sentence is a grammatical mess.  I think what you're saying is that your father-in-law's will gave a life estate to his wife.  It's not clear who the remaindermen are or exactly what's supposed to happen if the wife moves out or dies.