Bobbybrack

Truancy issues

My girlfriend who is 17 moved in with me and her siblings moved to another county the highschool unenrolled her because we had no proof of residency is her mother going to be charge for truancy? She is not emancipated or anything like that,and will they be able to take legal action to take her from my house shes not a runaway her parents know where she is.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:24 AM, Bobbybrack said:

is her mother going to be charge for truancy?

It's possible, but we obviously have no way of knowing what will happen.

will they be able to take legal action to take her from my house

I suppose it depends on who "they" are.

You mix together a whole lot of issues. If she is 17, her mother or court appointed guardian (if mom agrees that should be your parents or the man in the moon, it is not a terribly difficult process to establish someone other than the parent as the guardian), needs to enroll her in the school system where she resides. How residency is established varies from system to system but is typically outlined in the student handbook and or on the website for that system. If she is not enrolled then yes, her mother (or legal guardian) can be held responsible for her being truant.

×
×