I had a relationship with a man who had a child by another woman and he had the child here at my house with me staying here while she lived in Mississippi and she posted all over Facebook my picture and his picture saying that we had kidnapped her son when cops told her clearly he as the dad and the child does carry the dad's last name had rights as well as she did. They were in a custody dispute, what rights do I have because I was babysitting this child for him to go to work for her posting my face on Facebook as a kidnapper, when she knew where her child was (at my house) because she sent officers out on several occasions to do a welfare check. Even posted flyers with mine and his picture all over town and made a go fund me account to "help" her find her child. When we showed the cops that did the welfare checks the paperwork from her doctors stating she expressed signs of schizophrenia, manic depression, bipolar and had suicidal tendancies they allowed the child to stay in his care. 

1 hour ago, Dianna said:

what rights do I have

Like every other person, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and create a list of your rights.

If you're interesting in suing for defamation ("slander" is the spoken form of defamation, and "libel" is the written form), feel free to consult with a local attorney.  Since your post doesn't indicate that you suffered any damages as a result of what this woman did, it is likely that suing would be a waste of your time and money.

×
×