johnmaknak

What happens if the lessee......

........(in this case a 2-person owned company) can’t pay lease payments on a BMW? Is only the lessee’s credit report affected, or would the co-lessee’s credit report also be affected?

One car company told me that only the lessee’s credit report would be affected.

Your post was a little confusing to me. Could you clarify who the "co-lessee" is in this story, and why the company as a lessee of a car needed a "co-lessee"?

Several possibilities suggest themselves to me, but I'd rather not assume.

2 hours ago, johnmaknak said:

What happens if the lessee (in this case a 2-person owned company) can’t pay lease payments on a [car]?

Presumably, the lessor will repossess the car.

Is only the lessee’s credit report affected, or would the co-lessee’s credit report also be affected?

You told us that the lessee is a company.  What sort of company?  And, if the company is the lessee, who is the co-lessee?  Please also explain what you think the distinction is between a "lessee" and a "co-lessee"?

Was the person who told you this an employee of the company that is the lessor of the car in question?  If not, what this person told you is meaningless.

4 hours ago, johnmaknak said:

........(in this case a 2-person owned company) can’t pay lease payments on a BMW? Is only the lessee’s credit report affected, or would the co-lessee’s credit report also be affected?

I was blocked for 14 minutes on here. Anyway, the business is my wife who owns 20 percent, and her partner owns 80 percent. The business is in business but it’s future in not as good as its past.

1 hour ago, pg1067 said:

You told us that the lessee is a company.  What sort of company?  And, if the company is the lessee, who is the co-lessee?  Please also explain what you think the distinction is between a "lessee" and a "co-lessee"?

Was the person who told you this an employee of the company that is the lessor of the car in question?  If not, what this person told you is meaningless.

I guess, no offense, but I need to talk to an attorney.

1 hour ago, pg1067 said:

Yes, but on the phone, so what they said isn’t binding.

13 minutes ago, johnmaknak1 said:

the business is my wife who owns 20 percent, and her partner owns 80 percent.

So....is the business a general partnership?  A corporation?  An LLC?  Something else?

14 minutes ago, johnmaknak1 said:

I guess, no offense, but I need to talk to an attorney.

Sounds like your wife might, but if you answer the questions that I and some of the others asked, we might be able to provide some useful information.  Note that the questions we asked are the same questions that any decent lawyer will ask your wife as part of a consultation.