davidchazmo

retaliation

There is a federal Act that protects someone from retaliation for use of the legal process. Anyone know what Act this is? I used it before when an ex employer filed a restraining order against me after I filed a BOLI complaint... the Act itself is not related to employment specifically, but the act of retaliating against me for use of the judicial process... Your help is greatly appreciated.

There are probably a number of state and federal laws that meet that description (the one that came immediately to mind is the Noerr-Pennington doctrine), but the law also allows a significant degree of retaliation for resort to legal process, and context matters greatly.  You mentioned the context of a prior case but not the present context that gives rise to your question.

×
×