gba8912

craigslist suet

Hey guys, a few weeks ago a sold a guy my used ps4. Today he texted and is threatening to sue because the ps4 is having a common disc ejection issue. I did a little research and this issue is very common and easy to fix. He wants my info for legal action but I don't think I should give that info out.

I told him to follow to fix instructions the Sony issued on the common problem. The ps4 works normally other than that and of course it never did that for me.

My question is, does he have any legal standing here? I am an honest person and if it was indeed broken i would take it back but for a common issue like this I feel that its on him to figure it out especially since he has owned it for a couple weeks now.

thanks!

11 minutes ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

Used items such as this are sold "as is".  I'd cut off all contact.

i figured that. He does have my address since he wanted me to hook it up and test which i did for him and it worked fine at purchase. Should I let him go though with the suet?

13 minutes ago, gba8912 said:

You have no way to stop him from suing you.  All you can do is wait and win if he does.  And for the record.

su·et
/ˈso͞oət/
noun

1. the hard white fat on the kidneys and loins of cattle, sheep, and other animals, used to make foods including puddings, pastry, and mincemeat.

law·suit (often shorthened to "suit")
    /ˈlôˌso͞ot/
    noun

1. a claim or dispute brought to a court of law for adjudication.
      "his lawyer filed a lawsuit against Los Angeles city"
      synonyms: legal action, suit, case, action, legal proceedings, judicial proceedings, proceedings, litigation, trial, legal dispute, legal contest
      "the actor is now involved in a lawsuit against his former business manager"

1 hour ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

su·et
/ˈso͞oət/
noun

law·suit (often shorthened to "suit")
    /ˈlôˌso͞ot/
    noun

Ah engish...

1 hour ago, gba8912 said:

does he have any legal standing here?

Yes, he does.  However, I'm guessing that you don't understand what "legal standing" means and that what you actually intended to ask is whether he has a valid basis to sue you.  Based solely on what you posted, the answer is no.

1 hour ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

I'd cut off all contact.

Concur.

×
×