sreysrahw

where to get copy of oath on Justice of Peace Judge

Where do I go to find a copy of the oath on a Justice of Peace judge who is presiding in a Precint 3-1 in Houston, TX ?  I called Austin and was directed to call the place where they train judges but they said I have to call they county.   When I looked up county website in Houston, all I found was how to go about in other cases but did not find a place to get a copy of the judge's oath.   

I also called the court of the judge who presided there, I was transferred to the voice mail.   I left a voicemail and did not hear back from the secretary.

From the Texas Constitution Article 16 Section 1. Official Oath of Office:

Quote

(a) All elected and appointed officers, before they enter upon the duties of their offices, shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I, _______________________, do solemnly swear (or affirm), that I will faithfully execute the duties of the office of ___________________ of the State of Texas, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States and of this State, so help me God."

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/

I'm guessing that the wording would be essentially the same, perhaps with the city or county name included.

Might be somebody at the Houston Chronicle that could help.

×
×