Sign in to follow this  
Banner1150

Doctor's Appointment

3 posts in this topic

I recently went to a last minute doctors appointment.  I was having pain in my side, so I called the doctor and made an appointment.  They said they could fit me in.  I told the office manager i was going, and would have a doctors note for her the following day.  As  i was at the doctors office, my employer wanted me to take a picture of the doctors office because he didn't believe i was there.  I sent the picture for fear that if i didnt i would lose my job.  Is this a legal issue with HIPPA?  Also, if they ask me what the doctor said, am I obligated to tell them?  Can they fire me for not telling them what the doctor said?

It isn't a HIPAA issue. It is normal human courtesy to inquire how you are doing and or what happened when a person needs to leave on an emergency basis. I doubt they are interested in the nitty gritty details. "It turned out to be easily resolved", "The doctor ran some tests but it looks like everything will be ok", "I prefer not to share the details, but I appreciate you asking about me", all work.