Sign in to follow this  
Emma

Guardianship

4 posts in this topic

My grandchildren are ward of the state of w.v i haven't seen them in over a month. I want visitation but nobody from cps will discuss this matter with me.. Why.

No one here has any way of knowing why persons unknown to us are or aren't doing something.

In the absence of a court order, you have no legal right to visitation.  Do you have a court order for visitation?

Why do you think they should give you visitation? You have no legal right to those children and they had to be removed from an unhealthy environment. Why would the state subject children to those who were part of that environment? The time to have intervened was before the state had to step in and remove the children. Family members can apply to be granted custody but given what you shared elsewhere, and the fact that they won't speak with you, it seems your past makes you a poor choice. CPS isn't looking to place children in another home where they might need to be removed or investigated.

9 minutes ago, ElleMD said:

Why do you think they should give you visitation?

Are you inventing facts to give you an excuse to respond caustically?

Where did the OP say that the "children . . . had to be removed from an unhealthy environment"?  There are many other reasons why a child might be a ward of the state.

Where did the OP stated that he/she was "part of that environment"?

Why do you think the OP had an opportunity to "intervene[] . . . before the state . . . step[ped] in and remove[d] the children"?