nick

Can a dissmissal be reversed?

While going thru a state data base/Wisc.DOJ  I came across a charge for a city ordinance violation that had incorrect disposition on it.  I had met with a city attorney who dismissed it.  When looking at the record it said I was fined and convicted.  It also says a few years later that the record was modified. 

Are there any circumstances under which this could be reversed with out my knowledge? It says on the court website that a judge must approve a dismissal but that they almost always go along with what the city attorney recommends.  At the time I was never told of this, so it may not have applied as this occurred many years ago, but this just a guess.  Also, three years later I was no longer living at the address so if the court did send me a correspondence, there is a chance I may not have received it, but  this is again a guess.  I also contacted the court and they say they have no record on file.  In addition I called the DOJ data base customer service and they would not tell me what the adjustment was that was done later.  Also spoke with a attorney and he said that many times errors are made and that he recently had a record removed because the doj employee clicked the wrong button when entering court info, but hey will never admit it.

20 hours ago, nick said:

I had met with a city attorney who dismissed it.

The city attorney did dismiss it or said he/she was going to dismiss it?  Do you have the documentation relating to the dismissal?  When did this happen?

20 hours ago, nick said:

Are there any circumstances under which this could be reversed with out my knowledge?

I can't conceive that the answer to this question could be anything other than yes.

No one here is going to have any knowledge of how some unknown city in Wisconsin handles matters like this.

2 hours ago, pg1067 said:

They handed me a form and wrote "dismissed" on it,  I don't have the paper work as this happened 12 years ago

2 hours ago, pg1067 said:

So they can go back on the paperwork they signed and reverse a dismissal?

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible.  Since you didn't save the relevant paperwork, you're probably not likely to convince anyone that anything other than what the official records show happened.

×
×