Fallguy

Expedited hearing for temporary benefits

Another thread started on the same issue.

Besides the medical information, the examiner should consider how and where the injury occurred.  Whether the injury is work related or not is the number one issue in any such case. 

I might point out that when a patient presents for treatment, they are usually required to complete paperwork regarding payment and medical history.  On the forms regarding payment, there is usually a question as to whether the injury was work related.  This is important to the physician's financial staff since it can change the entity to bill and, more importantly, the likelihood of getting paid if the patient does not have insurance.  This information can carry over to the medical record.  You claim the medical record proves the injury was work related because it says the injury was industrial.  All that notation means on the medical record is that you checked the box on the form that said the injury was work related.  The physician does not determine or decide the origin of the injury during the course of treatment.

23 minutes ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

You left out "contradictory" posts.

Would it be easier if every question was on the same post? Or will I be asked to post a different question on a different thread?

what exactly am I contradicting? 

4 minutes ago, Fallguy said:

If you start new threads and provide no context or background facts, you will get answers like mine above.  You cannot reasonably expect folks to remember facts relating to your situation from thread to thread.

Just now, Fallguy said:

Isnt this a workers compensation folder? 

The topic of this board is "Employment > Workplace Safety & Injuries."  That encompasses far more than just workers' comp.  And, even if you had mentioned that your questions relate to a workers' comp matter, you didn't provide any relevant facts or context for your question.  You didn't even identify the relevant state.

14 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

I see what you mean. I apologize for the confusion.

i have a hearing for temporary disability benefits for a workers compensation claim. My claim was denied and information and assistance said i can bring all the medical records before the judge and he can make a ruling. I just wanted to know if there is anything else that the judge typically needs to see to award the benefits.

22 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

I think I’m getting the basics now. 

1 hour ago, Fallguy said:

what exactly am I contradicting? 

As long as it is related to this issue it should all be in one thread.

You have contradicted yourself many times.

37 minutes ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

You have said in various forums, threads and posts. The claim is on appeal, you do and don't have a lawyer, the claim was denied, the doctor denied your claim, the carrier denied your claim, and on and on and on.

These are all true statements except the part about the doctor denial. I don’t any doctor can deny a claim. I’m sure they can say the injury didn’t happen during work but if that was the case then I wouldn’t be wasting my time or anyone else’s time. 

I did say that I’m not interested in getting more money but I never said that I didn’t want to replace what I’ve lost.

i would not be on a forum asking questions if I had any attorney. I have been turned down on many occasions. I even reached outside of my town and i had three attorney say no.

if I am breaking any rules by asking too many questions, please advise. I’m sure most are frustrated because it’s confusing and I’ve apologize many times for that. 

Being confused and frustrated is one thing but making assumptions or accusations about ones character is another.

9 minutes ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

As I have told you before if more than three Work Comp lawyers said they won't take your case there is a reason for that and it is likely because you don't have a case.

That doesn’t mean that I don’t either. 

Maybe you can enlighten me as to why a person without a case would spend valuable time to look for advice on a forum full of strangers? What are the pros and cons? I’m sure you’ve encountered your fair share of people trying to commit fraud but part of my questions or answers swayed you from answering any of my questions?

I know you have control of which topic you want to reply to so if you truly feel I don’t have a case, you certainly have a choice to not reply. Once again, I apologize if I said something that didn’t sit well with you but I have to win this one for all the injured workers who’s been denied without any valid reasons other than the law allows the carrier to do so.

Im sure I was chosen because my employer decided to cut losses and it’s the carrier decided to join because two against won is favorable odds to take a chance on. I was fortunate enough that these forums has provided just enough that I may be able to get treatment for my injury.

×
×