makinganattempt

Judgement in my favor. What do I need to file next

I received  the courts decision in favor of me as the defendant in a breach of contract case. I had to represent myself for financial reasons. 

I submited a entry of judgement to both the court and the plaintiff . Is there anything else I need to do or any other forms I need to file to complete the case?

this was a civil case in San Diego county.

thank you in advance for you help

1 hour ago, makinganattempt said:

I submited a entry of judgement to both the court and the plaintiff .

I assume you mean a notice of entry of judgment.

1 hour ago, makinganattempt said:

Is there anything else I need to do or any other forms I need to file to complete the case?

Well...what do you mean by "complete the case"?  If you don't intend to do anything else, then you don't need to do anything else.

Was this in small claims court or the limited or unlimited division of the superior court?

Edited because I missed that the OP was the defendant, not the plaintiff.

7 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Yes, I mean I sent both the Plaintiff and the court a copy of a notice of entry of Judgement with the statement of decision attached and proof of service for both. It was an unlimited case.

i was told I needed to send a “judgement “ in by the courts clerk. 

Is the Notice of Judgement sent in as I did the same as a Judgement? Or is there something else I need to file? I know I’m in over my head but I’m taking care of my mother in law so I have no income right now. This the reason I represented myself. 

Thank you

No.  A judgment and a notice of entry of judgment are not the same thing.

In your original post, you wrote that you "received the court's decision."  What exactly did you read?  What is the name of the document you received?

You will likely need to draft a judgment based on the document you received.

3 hours ago, makinganattempt said:

The name of the document is “Decision “ signed by the judge, dated and filed by the court. 

Ok...yeah...that's not a judgment.  You'll need to prepare a proposed judgment and submit it to the court and serve it on the adverse party/attorney.

58 minutes ago, makinganattempt said:

So is the proposed judgement just the form that I can pull up online or does it need something wrote up regarding the judges decision attached to it as well

There is a generic Judicial Council form judgment.  I've never used it, though, and have always drafted my judgments in unlimited civil cases.  In the abstract, I can't see any obvious reason not to use the form.

×
×